Successful Navigation and Ribblehead Viaduct

  As I tend to remind my readers fairly often because it is something which frequently scares the s*** out of me, the end of my life as a student and as I've known it for the last three years is fast approaching and so I am trying my absolute best to make the most of the weeks that I have left. As well as studies, alcohol driven Karaoke/ being a general embarrassment nights and exploring the beautiful city of York, my university experience has so much more to offer due to living in the truly English county that is North Yorkshire. So, with that in mind, and with my trusty Fiesta parked outside each day, I've decided to explore a new part of this huge county each week and I will be keeping you up to date with these explorations during the course of my final semester. We shall begin with successful week one!

  The first expedition we decided to take ourselves on was to Ribblehead Viaduct - or as I name it 'That Harry Potter Bridge' - with a few stop offs along the way. Looking on Google maps the night before, I decided we could potentially get there with no Sat Nav, besides my music player needs the cigarette plug in my car and music is far more important on a road trip than getting to where you intend with the help of a Sat Nav, obviously! Despite it being a two hour journey (so by far enough time to get severely lost) I decided to write some very amateur directions for my friend to navigation us there (secretly packing for Scotland in case we went wrong). Why not take the risk, it'll be fun?!

  We set off heading for "First Stop, Hawes" and after only being beeped at once before we even got out of York because I was in the wrong lane not really knowing where I was going, we made it to the A1 (M) and onto Hawes with no hassle, no diversions and we even got a parking space easy as that in possibly one of the smallest villages in Yorkshire. After a swift Flat White, a lovely stroll around the beautiful place and a pat on the back for us all we then headed rather speculatively (regarding directions) and somehow guessed our way onto the right route. We were entirely unaware of our success until, while driving down a country lane, sheep on both sides and the only road signs about reading 'BEWARE LAMBS' as if they were some sort of deadly species ready to attack, we saw the huge construct right in front of us with parking neatly placed to the left. Me being me parked facing away from the view and we ate our delicious lunch before walking into it and attempting to get professional pictures before giving up and settling with a selfie.

  Feeling quite smug with ourselves we headed back along the lanes with numerous idiots overtaking us at stupid speeds around the most ridiculous bends (no road rage occurred WHAT so ever as I am sure you can imagine...), and we headed to Aysgarth Falls (basically to show off that we know what we are doing) for a little stop off en route back to York. 

Who needs a Sat Nav? Nailed it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Now to do what I do best, drink 4 bottles of Chablis and flash my freckly bangers" - The Windsor's

Music grounds you wherever you go.

"My aspiration in life is to be happy"