My piece I wrote for the village Magazine...

  It must be getting on for two years now since I started working at Moulton shop, during some of the most important years of my life so far. Originally starting as a Saturday girl, whilst I completed my A-levels, to now where it is beginning to feel almost like my second home! But, what a lovely second home it is and a great team to work with. Not long after I began we had Gwen’s leaving party, and this year sadly, we have had to say goodbye to Jill and Tanja, which is a great shame. Also Chloe, who we congratulate on her new job. Now, in only a matter of months, it will be my turn to flee the nest, heading to university. It will be sad to say goodbye, but my time in the shop really has been great. Despite making the most silly mistakes and being incredibly embarrassed, (mixing up my veg) turning into a joke of the village, but it all being worth it as I have both gained in confidence and simplistic, (VERY simplistic in fact I did not realise how dippy I could be sometimes) general knowledge, during my stint. 
  
  With Mike watching my every move, telling a story (or ten), and teaching me his wondrous life lessons. Tanja shouting, “more veg”, “ more cheese!” “sell sell sell!!”, laughing WITH me and my less intelligent moments. Kathy holding the fort, the best boss, almost fully trusting that I will not drop everything I carry due to my ‘progress’, and Fran, who makes the best cups of tea, shares my love for Australia and I am certain will be manageress in time to come! 

  But it is not only the staff that makes the shop so great, the customers also contribute masses to this splendid atmosphere. The regulars outside, ranging across all ages, come rain or shine, every day, will never be defeated by the weather. In fact, despite being away in Australia during the bad weather of this winter, I am certain to say they would have been enjoying a ‘cuppa' daily, covered with rugs, even then. There is the Saturday morning crowd, like a big family, every week, with breakfast, lunch, and I am sure if we stayed open long enough they would also stay put for dinner, too! We love it.There are customers that come in and we know their order before they have even ordered, and ones who we decide their order for them because they really cannot choose! 

  So, although I will be moving on to different things in the not so distant future, I truly have loved every moment of my work over the past couple of years. Not many people can say they enjoy getting to work at 7, especially as a teenager ( which I just about still am) but I can, and that is thanks to the wonderful staff and customers that I work with. All in all, it is safe to say, we live in the greatest village ever!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Now to do what I do best, drink 4 bottles of Chablis and flash my freckly bangers" - The Windsor's

Merry Fauxmas and a Happy New Year!

Music grounds you wherever you go.