New Year, new me...or something like that!

  So along with millions of others I have made one or two new years resolutions that I hope to stick to for the duration of 2016. One of which is to write more as I have become a bit idle on this blog towards the end of 2015 with assignments and festivities taking over! The other is the generic 'lose weight/ be healthy' having gained a stone whilst at university...oops! But I thought how appropriate it would be to stay loyal to my first resolution in beginning the year with a post on just that...resolutions.

  We all make them, the 'new year new me' statuses flood our Facebook news feeds and do any of us stick to them?! Probably not. But there certainly is something in the air at this time of year that gives us the motivation to keep our self-promises for at least a week. The runners among us hit the January sales and purchase a brand new pair of trainers that aid them for the first few days of 'I'm going to run every day of the year...' until they give up. The nutritionists go out of their way to eat all unhealthy food in the house before the 1st of January. They then refrain from going down the confectionery aisle in the supermarkets to stick to their 'no chocolate' and 'no sugar' promises, until the Easter eggs fill the shelves in the first week of January and they realise loosing weight will have to wait as those Malteaster bunnies are just too appealing. The worriers have a worry-free New Years Day until night time comes and while in bed trying to get to sleep they realise they haven't double checked that spare room bed is made in case any visitors come in the morning and strangely decide to have a tour of the house. The non-readers purchase a pile of books for a bargain but then look at this same pile in May which has not moved and is covered in dust and the list goes on.

  So a very Happy New Year to you all, sending positive and motivational vibes and I hope that you stick to your resolutions (as I plan to stick to mine) unlike my frivolous post suggests.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Now to do what I do best, drink 4 bottles of Chablis and flash my freckly bangers" - The Windsor's

Music grounds you wherever you go.

Merry Fauxmas and a Happy New Year!