Two lives

  Having just landed back in York after the best 6 week Christmas break at home (obviously NOT a ridiculous amount of time off AT all), I have been thinking about the two lives that I lead and how I never want this structure of my life to end, although I know that it inevitably will. I am sure if you reading this are or once were students then you'll feel the same about this stage of life, where you get the best of both worlds and a total life of bliss.

  Firstly I have my life at home, in a kooshty little village in Suffolk. If I were to use the term 'unique' to describe this place then I would not be doing it any justice. This place is beyond unique, so special and I do not think you'll find another village like it in the UK! Everybody knows each other, cares for each other and certainly drinks with each other. In fact my liver gets a shock each time I come home from the second I set foot on the streets of Moulton (despite the fact Uni life is pretty heavy on the drink). All ages - it doesn't matter - we get on and party! If Bob next door has a faulty cooker there would be hundreds willing to take him in for the night and if old Deardry two streets down can't work her hairdryer in the morning, she would be provided with a functioning one in minutes. I work at the maddest shop in the UK which never stops and is constantly filled with the most lovely and familiar faces - in fact I can pretty much guess what's on the majority of the customer's shopping lists. It is the most safe, friendly and warm environment that I know and not to forget the fact that I return to the other half of my owl collection and my extra comfy John Lewis mattress. It really is the best, it's where my heart is and I miss it terribly when I go away. This is my home.

  Then there is York, beautiful York, my second life. I go here for a rest with only 7 hours in Uni a week compared to the thirty odd hours in the village shop. It doesn't matter what night it is, it is perfectly acceptable to get royally wasted - no excuse needed- and there are plenty of pubs and bars to choose from. It is in this beautiful city that I have met some of the loveliest friends who I know will remain in my life forever, even though they are northerners ( joking of course). My days in this city are never dull with plenty of things to do - from walking the walls, shopping, pubbing and occasionally studying - I think I fill my time pretty excitingly. I also miss this place a lot when I go back home.

  So, there we have it, my two wonderful lives which are both perfect in their own right and both missed very much by myself whenever I am away from each. It is for this reason that I want to propose that something needs to be done to make it both possible and acceptable to be a student forever, thank you very much!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Now to do what I do best, drink 4 bottles of Chablis and flash my freckly bangers" - The Windsor's

Merry Fauxmas and a Happy New Year!

Music grounds you wherever you go.