A day in the life of "working" student.

  Being in the end of my second year of university, things are beginning to get a tad stressful. Especially because it is May time so I have deadlines coming out of my ears, my dissertation to consider and the fear of the fact that my time as a student is almost over! Scary. Reality is not for me just yet so I shall pretend that it is ages away for now.

  I am the type of person who doesn't deal with stress and pressure too well - hence why I start essays a month or so before due date. For this reason, I strongly advise you NOT to follow my poor example, but here is a standard day in my student working life.

  I work best in the mornings and by this I mean those of which I am not hungover, which is rapidly decreasing due to another coping mechanism that I often use - alcohol. Yes, as soon as anything feels a bit too much my brain tells me to go to the Spar down my street and by a bottle (or two) or their finest wine! This happens rather too frequently but let's forget about that for the moment! Anyway, the mornings where my head isn't pounding from the night before (disclaimer- I'm not and repeat NOT an alcoholic), I find that my brain is at it's optimum functioning level. Let's be honest though, this still isn't very impressive. By lunchtime, I wish I had gone out last night because I have developed that same pounding headache and no matter how much liquid I take on board I cannot shift it. This usually results in me getting distracted by useless crap or vacating to my bed and taking a nap because what other solution is there?

  4 hours later, I find that I have slept through my afternoon and my stomach is grumbling for its dinner. By this time it is acceptable to have a drink which would indeed compliment my dinner just perfectly, so why not? Now it is past 6 O'Clock and my brain goes to sleep at this time ( if it ever woke up in the first place) so no more work can be done. Shame. There's always tomorrow!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Now to do what I do best, drink 4 bottles of Chablis and flash my freckly bangers" - The Windsor's

Merry Fauxmas and a Happy New Year!

Music grounds you wherever you go.