The Responsible Drunk

  How many times do you hear drinkers claim responsibility? The whole "I'll come out but just for one drink" is the biggest lie out there and we all know that two hours later you'll be the only one dancing on the floor because it is a Tuesday night and nobody is in Flares (not talking from personal experience AT all). There's also the "I'm going to be so well-behaved and not make a fool out of myself" which is another total lie. Under the sweet influence of alcohol this never happens. My personal favorite/ one I often use myself is "I'm on the pull tonight, got to look hot" - biggest impossibility ever. My level of sophistication drops dramatically once I have had my usual bottle of wine before leaving the house (oops) so this statement has never yet come true. At least I haven't remained sophisticated past lets say 8pm on average - great track record, I know!

  HOWEVER. I have a little story for you all which I am extremely proud of. The other night I can safely say I WAS (what I like to call) 'A Responsible Drunk'. Arriving home in the early hours of the morning and after a long night on the strong stuff feeling rather wobbly, and congratulating myself on the walk home for not ending up in Maccies, I told myself the entire journey that I was going to have a glass of water- and I did. I had not one but two glasses of water AND made myself a cheese toastie (possible dangerous fire hazard do not necessarily take advice from this I'm just proud). Yes, for the first time in my life this actually happened, something that many of my friends in the past have attempted to enforce in order to save my horrific hangover the next day but I've usually been too intoxicated to accept their help. 

  There you have it, I have achieved something at university, I'm so proud and did it all by myself. Now that is 'A Responsible Drunk'.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Now to do what I do best, drink 4 bottles of Chablis and flash my freckly bangers" - The Windsor's

Music grounds you wherever you go.

Merry Fauxmas and a Happy New Year!