The 'Unbirthday' Queen

 This is the title that I like to give myself - especially after this year's birthday fiasco! Though people claim that the next big birthday after your 21st is the big 3 0, I have changed this tradition and decided that 22 is just as worthy of a prolonged celebration (as is, I am sure, 23 and 24 and so on). Besides, it was my last birthday at uni (cries) so I had to make the most of it and this is how it went.

  Approximately 1.5 months before, I pre-warned people of the potential plans ensuring that I'd have at least a few friends company at each event. Then, the week before I accidentally ended up going out every night (obviously tactfully to line my liver but unintentionally otherwise) and got prepped. Then the actual birthday celebrations began - only a week before the big 2 2.

  Thursday: My sister and her boyfriend visited wanting typical English pubs and that they got. We went on a bar crawl in York, the home of 'typical English pub pubs', consisting of 7 pubs and we managed each and every one, getting somewhat more sloshed along the way. By pub 5, we realised neither of them had eaten so in my drunken state in pub 6 I began asking randomers where sold 'healthy kebabs' - NOWHERE. We went to Maccies.

  Friday: This is the point when I realised that all events involved food or drink (mostly both) but this one only involved food for me sadly due to being the designated driver. Nonetheless the venue did not fail to impress. It was the Cow and Calf in Ilkley and I highly recommend it if you haven't been already (if you have then GO AGAIN). Sadly the weather wasn't on our side but the views were still pretty strong and the food was amazing.

  Saturday: The big one. It got to half past 2 in the afternoon and I was itching to get on the drink so to stop my craving for a little while longer I decided to paint my nails with a bit of glitter because you can't get enough glitter on your birthday. I then headed to Tesco for the cocktail mixture and at half 4 was sitting at my kitchen table supping at each one before I made a jug. Initially, I was going to make myself a glass of each before making a jug but with the first cocktail consisting of vodka and Amaretto alone, and with a lack of measure so I had to go by my catastrophic judgments, I decided a sip would suffice. I saved the glass of this concoction in the fridge so by 8pm I was on the way to trollied and by the time we left the house I was unsteady on the old feet (is it even your birthday if you don't fall over as soon as you leave the house). The hangover the next day was NOT so fun.

  Tuesday: My birthday was finally here and when I realised I was still sober at half 4 I cracked open the Prosecco. This was a more civilized affair (if that's possible) and we went to a beautiful Tapas in York which was delicious, as was the complimentary shot at the end. I wish I had listened to the name of the liquor rather than fretting about sipping or necking, wanting to look sophisticated.

  The following weekend: So after dying in bed all day today I pray that I'll have recuperated by the weekend when my friend is coming to visit for a night on the strong stuff. Though my birthday is over, I'm going to dedicate this night also to the big 2 2! The never ending birthday!

  So there we have it, my celebrations did eventually end (ish). If you have a birthday coming up, don't let anybody tell you that it's not as big as your 21st because every birthday deserves to be milked and dragged out for at least a month!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Now to do what I do best, drink 4 bottles of Chablis and flash my freckly bangers" - The Windsor's

Music grounds you wherever you go.

Merry Fauxmas and a Happy New Year!