Have our high streets lost ALL dignity?!

  This post is largely inspired by a scenario I found myself in on the way back from Uni the other day. I was walking along on a sunny day, jolly as I had finished for a few days- this is university we are talking about...one days work is enough! I found myself walking behind an extremely angry woman, grown 'mature' woman I would like to emphasize, pacing along behind her son/ boyfriend/ father- I could not tell. She was literally screaming at him at the top of her voice, shouting about him having no gratitude, and she was absolutely fed up of him taking her for granted- myself along with the entire population of York are now probably accustomed to this knowledge, it was that LOUD. There was me, trying my utmost not to as much as 'smerk' in fear of getting a swing of her hand bag around the back of my head, I could picture it, so I simply let her get on with her pointless shouting and got on with my day. I found it quite amusing once I had gotten out of the way of her peripheral

  This did make me think though, how do people do it, how do people not give a care in the World about others, in this context it is a good thing to have slight consideration of what others think about you, maybe? All the time, everywhere you see teenagers ( not even teenagers, sometimes kids) prancing around fag in one hand tinny in the other, effing and jeffing at anyone and everyone, and you just think go back to school and get a life?! Grown women, grown men having domestics in the street and if you catch their eye you receive a "WHAT YOU LOOKING AT" aggressively, as if they are looking for a fight, which I have also witnessed before and most definitely was not looking for a fight. I am sure I am not the only one who finds this bizarre and would be extremely embarrassed if I were ever to be involved in such a scene (which, of course, I wouldn't).
view!

  It's like the Jeremy Kyle show has come to York on occasions! Keep your screaming and shouting to yourselves, I can already watch that on channel 4, and let the rest of us enjoy the beauty of this city!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Now to do what I do best, drink 4 bottles of Chablis and flash my freckly bangers" - The Windsor's

Music grounds you wherever you go.

"My aspiration in life is to be happy"