Slow down...

  Working in a village shop, I see every possible type of person that exists, trust me. You have the tight ones (IN/OUT), there are the simple ones, those who haven't quite grasped the art of conversation, the complete opposite who you cannot get rid of, the happy and positive ones, the completely off-the-wall negative ones, the absolutely lovely ones...and I could LITERALLY go on forever. But it is an interesting setting, and I do learn a lot about life in general...on a light hearted note, nothing too deep and completely life transforming, but still, valuable lessons. For example, I now know I'm definitely NOT going to turn miserable as I get older, and I am CERTAINLY NOT going to be a moaner, the type that complain over the matter of five pence, or notice that, that picture that was on the fridge is now on the shelf BESIDE the fridge, the most tiny insignificant detail - I AM GOING TO STAY YOUNG IN THE MIND!

  Another thing that really gets me is the speed at which so many of the older folk live their lives!! They will run in (AND I MEAN RUN) pick up their paper and car sweets, and peg it out of there! My boss always says "What's the rush?! He's got nothing to do and all day to do it". One day not so long ago, I actually questioned a lady about this. She was rushing me as she HAD to get to the bank...why do you HAVE to get to the bank now? You don't HAVE to do anything at your age- you're retired. "Slow down", I told her, because life is too precious to be rushed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Now to do what I do best, drink 4 bottles of Chablis and flash my freckly bangers" - The Windsor's

Music grounds you wherever you go.

Successful Navigation and Ribblehead Viaduct