I may not know much, but I do know that EVERYBODY needs a 'happy place'

Image may contain: ocean, sky, cloud, beach, outdoor, nature and water
From a visit to the coast to an afternoon spent in the shed, everybody needs a happy place. 

I've just returned from a night at the coast with a lovely friend and three of the happiest dogs that I've ever met, and I honestly didn't realise that it was possible to be in such a complete state of calmness. I'm not even exaggerating, I have definitely never been more relaxed. 

From the moment we arrived I felt a massive weight lift off me, not that I'm having a rough time at all at the moment but I did feel totally de-stressed. In fact, it was hilarious how floppy I'd become (I mean, I couldn't face showering, I was that chilled) that I started to think up things that could potentially stress me out and it wasn't working one bit. 

Something about being by the sea, face soaking up the air and all you can see is open space and the odd happy dog walker, brings me such joy and comfort. It makes me realise how small I am in such a huge world and how many of my 'problems' aren't worth fretting over. It makes me realise how beautiful the world is and appreciate everything more like the 3 little dogs running happily in front and a quiet jug of Sangria chatting to a friend and looking into the peaceful openness. It's a time to escape the shambles of life, a very happy shambles but a shambles nonetheless, and just think about nothing except who's who in your book and how many more chapters you can get through before grabbing a jacket, adjusting your lounger or pouring another glass. Even time seems to slow down and although we were only away for 24 hours, it felt like we'd been gone a month.

The best thing about it is the contentment in knowing that this is possible. That if ever I got so stressed and things became too much as sometimes in life they can, knowing I can go an hour down the road for one night and feel utterly refreshed after is so comforting. Taking myself on a country walk or writing at my laptop are also happy places.

So, however many you have and whatever they are, be sure to find your 'happy place'. This is one of mine and everybody needs theirs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Now to do what I do best, drink 4 bottles of Chablis and flash my freckly bangers" - The Windsor's

"My aspiration in life is to be happy"

Merry Fauxmas and a Happy New Year!