This is me, that is you and it's perfectly fine.

Do you know one of the best things about this world, and probably one of the cheesiest things to express, is its uniqueness. How no two individual people are the same and this is a really good thing. Can you imagine how boring the world would be if everybody was like you?

Some people are so horizontal it's frustrating to a certain extent because you can feel like you'd have a better conversation with a brick wall, others are so frantic that it can stress you out. Some people are so upbeat and positive that their enthusiasm is exhausting and you think to yourself 'how can you get so excited about beans on toast', others are so negative it's draining. Some people are addicted to routine and cannot cope if this is disrupted, others love the spontaneous chaos of everyday life. Some like sports, some like fashion, some like cheese others can't handle the smell. 

What I am trying to say is that throughout life you'll find more and more that nobody is perfect. Even your best of friends will show aspects of their personality which doesn't sit 100% well with you, but that's OK. You could even have opposite characteristics and opinions but still you accept this and remain good friends. 

I mean, I drink in excess fairly frequently and have great friends that don't drink at all. I read loads and have friends who've never read a book in their life. I enjoy travel, but a lot of my friends would prefer to avoid the flight and stay put in little old England. I'm not into sports at all and am the most squeamish person you'll probably ever meet, but have friends who are seeking a career in sporting and healthcare. A group of friends may be discussing the latest Netflix phenomena, a documentary of some sort and I'm contemplating whether or not to bring TOWIE into the conversation to lower the tone. I have friends of all different ages and stages of life so obviously differences occur there too, but I learn from them and embrace all of my wonderful friendships. 

All of these differences and we all get along superbly. I just think to myself: this is me, that is you and it's perfectly fine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Now to do what I do best, drink 4 bottles of Chablis and flash my freckly bangers" - The Windsor's

"My aspiration in life is to be happy"

Merry Fauxmas and a Happy New Year!