Is there such thing as being too organised?

Image result for organisedIf there is, then I am just that. The type of person who can't find something because it's filed away in just the place I'd expect to find it. I panic when asked for a specific document then sigh with relief at my organisation skills, instantly placing hands on it (nice work, H). I write everything down and live by the list. 

Oh, the list. I list everything. List after list and then rewrite the lists and feel refreshed, like nothing is on my mind... for thirty seconds until another list begins to form. From waking up, reading, having a shower to actual tasks - it all appears somewhere on my lists. My diary is filled to the brim with details too. Details on a supersonic scale from my working hours to what time I had tea (almost), though I haven't quite reached the point of noting the weather as my Grandad used to. I do my own head in sometimes.

In fact, it is scary how happy and satisfied a productive day can make me. Most people get their kicks out of a new dress or winning a bet at 100/1. No, the old lady in me comes out on days of extreme productivity and I sometimes find nothing more pleasing than ticking everything off one of my many lists. Sad, I know. But a beer well deserved.

I can picture many of you wincing at this article already, cringing at my overly obsessive organisation, but believe you me it does come in handy. Something to state in an interview that's for sure. I'm relied on, mostly by my severely unorganised sister, but relied on nonetheless. Often life can seem overwhelming with all the chores that we have to complete to unrealistic deadlines and this is where a simple bit of organisation can save our souls. 

Follow my lead. Write lists and be satisfied with a days efficiency as dull as it seems. It certainly is possible to be overly organised and anal with it, so don't obsess and let it take up too much of your time. But getting a nice balance will result in an easier life, take my word for it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Now to do what I do best, drink 4 bottles of Chablis and flash my freckly bangers" - The Windsor's

"My aspiration in life is to be happy"

Merry Fauxmas and a Happy New Year!