Kefalonia 2015

   After a long, beautiful yet mountainous and scary journey from one end of the island to the other, passing many a goat and crazy local driver along the way, we arrived in our perfect villa and dived straight into the infinity pool. Not a man-made thing in sight and the nearest big town was a twenty minute drive and even that was more the size of a village in England. It was called Fiscardo, to which I mistook when retelling Mum about the annoyance of my sister's lavender obsession, whereby she covered the pillow with the stuff, a right Fiscardo (of course I meant Fiasco).

   As the week proceeded, we intended on doing something each day which included swimming in the see-through ocean and laughing at my sister's fear of seaweed; driving over (and I really do mean OVER) a mountain in order to get to some beautiful caves and stunning Myrtos Bay- taking each hairpin bend with great care and total terror, a sheer drop either side; attempting a BBQ, failing and then not realising this failure until it started spitting, to which my sister stood on burning coal, screamed, I took over only to do the exact same thing.
  
   The list continues with climbing a mountain in midday heat - great idea! It gave me the biggest blister on my heal that I think I have ever seen highlighting the complete lack of use that my trainers get- oops; watching the most ridiculous thunderstorm and lightning that I have ever seen, although no rain came with it (where we were sat anyway). Supping cocktails whilst watching the most beautiful sunset where you could see the orange ball of fire so clearly go down on the horizon, and then being handed free shots by a crazy Greek waiter at the end of the night. Seeing a sight on the beach to behold - a part of an old man that really did not improve my day and having an Ice-cream (largest I could find) EVERY SINGLE DAY.

All in all, a fabulous week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Now to do what I do best, drink 4 bottles of Chablis and flash my freckly bangers" - The Windsor's

Music grounds you wherever you go.

Merry Fauxmas and a Happy New Year!