York on a bank holiday weekend.

  Having absolutely nailed the three hour journey up the A1 towards THE NORTH, myself and my amazing driver and lovely friend, Kerrie, arrived in York. Obviously, it being a Saturday night, we got glammed up and straight to the bottle. Being (semi) responsible, we ensured that our stomachs were sufficiently lined and headed to Pizza Express. The meal I chose was (from memory) my usual, remembering that it contained a bit of spice, but nowhere near to the extent that I experienced on this occasion. After about ten minutes of trying, the waitress noticed my streaming eyes and the fact that I really couldn't handle the heat (!) so she came back laughing and armed with a large glass of milk. As the evening proceeded and the wine consumption increased, my singing got louder and I found myself, my friend and after a little while the whole restaurant practically, singing Beach Boys 'Good Vibrations'! We then went on to a cocktail bar whereby you are given a book to choose from, so of course we got two each to start with...

  ...After a big night of dancing, drinking and much more dancing, wearing my brand new heels seemed not such a good idea and I walked the whole way home in bare feet.

   The following day, having began the weekend with plenty of food and plenty of alcohol, we thought we best stick to this health kick and went on hunt for the closest fry up, finding one for a fiver- result! That day we also had a break for a teacake, another for chips and scraps and a huge Chinese, topped off with a fish and chips lunch the following day so it is safe to say that we did not go hungry. However the wall was walked and many steps climbed when going to the very top, up all 275 steps, of the Minster tower.

   After a weekend that mostly consisted of eating, a lazy day the following day, just in case we burnt any valuable calories, and having spotted a leak in the conservatory of my brand new house (great), we headed home towards THE SOUTH.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Now to do what I do best, drink 4 bottles of Chablis and flash my freckly bangers" - The Windsor's

Merry Fauxmas and a Happy New Year!

Music grounds you wherever you go.