KT Tunstall and the post gig hype

  So I am writing this post having just returned from the York Barbican as I felt I needed to write it while still feeling the post gig hype so that you readers can feel this with me (though I admit I am in my onesie already because this place is freezing!!).

  I absolutely love the feeling that you get after going to see someone perform live and KT was no exception. She completely owned the stage from her ability to loop the loop on the guitar pedal using various lush looking guitars, sing like a rock-star, entertain the crowd with so much banter and even mash in some Seven Nation Army while she's at it. Even the songs I had not yet heard made me want to dance and she kept the crowd so involved that people of all ages were up and enjoying themselves - from the over 60s in the wings to a little girl of about 7 moshing at the front. Not to mention when my favourite 'Other Side...' came on and the phone torches were swaying I was absolutely loving life belting every word (badly). I also LOVED to see how much KT and her band were enjoying themselves, doing clearly what they adore and, as KT said, bringing people together. It's so nice to see and be part of a load of people having a great time without a care in the world for that moment.

  No drink has been had tonight may I just added, being the designated driver, and this adds to the way I'm feeling being so good. Can totally get how the likes of Janis Joplin and various other (probably most) stars craved the feeling that they got on stage 24/7 seeing as I almost crave this feeling having only watched, can imagine the buzz is pretty much ever lasting being the performer!

  I'm now off to listen to every song all over again!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Now to do what I do best, drink 4 bottles of Chablis and flash my freckly bangers" - The Windsor's

Music grounds you wherever you go.

Successful Navigation and Ribblehead Viaduct