People.

  This afternoon I decided to take myself Christmas shopping because two and a half days studying resulted in me longingly eyeing up an empty bottle of wine at 12:00pm on a Monday, wishing it would refill itself so I could pour myself a large glass - and that's no good for anyone on a Monday. 


  While walking the short walk into York city centre I was happy, chilled-out and nice and toasty in my new fur coat. This mood soon changed as soon as I hit the cobble streets by the shops. Christmas shopping is meant to be fun, enjoyable and relaxing - especially considering the fact that it is still only November!! But, people don't look around them, they think they are the only people in the world and are pure rude. With this in mind, and while being bashed about by shopping bags left, right and centre, I came up with a theory about this situation that I found myself in.

  You know at school in every class there was always a couple of people or a small group who acted just as everyone was acting in town. The kind who kept speaking regardless if anybody was talking, those who just didn't listen to anyone or anything, totally oblivious to others around them. They would never move out of the way and not hear if you asked politely (not out of intentional rudeness but just because they were oblivious and self-consumed which resorted in rudeness). Well, I thought these people grew up, grew out of their ways but apparently not. Even the oldest of shoppers stood still even when I was clearly trying to get past, the middle aged Pound-land worker positioned her trolley right where people were queuing for the till and even when a crowd was walking towards them, a young couple would not move to the side and had to break the group up in order to get through. To top off this frustrating trip, when walking back I came across the most bizarre situation of all. A large, black Range Rover parked right on the pavement so that the passenger stepped out directly onto the steps of the building that he was entering, the doorman stood smiling as I walked past and I gave him the stare. I don't care how important you think you are, Mr personalised number plate and blacked out windows, you're not the queen so let me past and walk the 5 steps across the pavement to the door. PAVEMENTS ARE FOR PEDESTRIANS!

  Ah, and now I'm having that large glass of wine!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Now to do what I do best, drink 4 bottles of Chablis and flash my freckly bangers" - The Windsor's

Music grounds you wherever you go.

Merry Fauxmas and a Happy New Year!