My amazing village...

My village is an amazing place. I know I have written a post similar to this before but no harm in adding more! I mean I've just recently returned from a 2 month trip to Australia (as anyone following my blog will know!) and from the minute I stepped off the plane I was welcomed with smiles (and a beautiful emotional - we both were- friends who I love dearly). I arrived back in the village and they had made a window display for me at the shop! Love them! The children had just finished school and ran up to me with smiles, so genuinely interested about my experience. I even got a whole page in the Moulton newsletter! That's just me, I'm nothing special, I just make sandwiches, serve the wrong coffees, get mixed up with my vegetables and occasionally get too drunk at the local pub and embarrass myself! The point I am trying to make is everybody makes so much effort for everybody else. Everyone is special, and that is why I love it. 

 Last year a group of incredible ladies completed the moonwalk. 26.2 miles of continuously walking over NIGHT in the freezing cold in order to raise money for breast cancer...after months and months of training hard, they set off, with a wave from the village to wish them good luck! Of course, these amazing ladies did it, because they are just beautiful, and when they returned, again the village hall car park was filled with people smiling, so happy and proud. The shops donation bucket was heavy and the window was full of them. This year, there is another group doing it! Mad! 

 In addition there is one very crazy, but amazing lady who decided to run a marathon, and I'm not joking she is doing another! Every week after her very long runs, sitting at the shop to greet and congratulate her would be a crowd of lovely people. On the day, I was away but throughout my Facebook newsfeed were constant updates from her family and friends of the village, and when she finished the posts went mental! Again, everyone so supportive and proud.   

 This weekend, another group of crazy people ran the Cambridge half marathon, in aid of cancer research. You'd think our village is full of Heroes (it is!!). Again my newsfeed went berserk! We are so proud of them all and they all completed in amazing times. Bearing in mind this is just a handful of amazing people in the village and only a mention of some of the amazing things they have done, I think it is safe to say I live in the best village ever, and I am going to fight to live here or close by forever, even if I have to build myself a mud hut on the green!! 


As I mentioned some of the amazing things, here are a few links to the sponsors if you can and would like to, they would all be very appreciative ....
https://www.justgiving.com/Helen-Spurgeon2
https://www.justgiving.com/Kate-James4

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Now to do what I do best, drink 4 bottles of Chablis and flash my freckly bangers" - The Windsor's

Music grounds you wherever you go.

Merry Fauxmas and a Happy New Year!