My Australian experience: byron bay

So...we attempted a surf! Not very successful because the guy sent us to the 'learner waves' which we were soon to find out he actually meant no waves at all, just ripples! There were a few bigguns where I almost stood up...that or completely got swept under my surf board and struggled to get back on like a complete tourist! I didn't mind though, it was just so relaxing and peaceful ( which is how I'd describe byron bay in general) just laying on the board, surrounded by glistening sea and beaming sun shining down on us! There was a magical moment when I saw a fin. Me being the ever optimist (not) immediately thought "SHIT, SHARK!!!" Until 3 beautiful Dolphins jumped out of the water, about 10meters away from where we were laying! Just amazing! Another animal to tick off my list! The day was made complete after our walk, up a mammoth hill, to the most easterly point of mainland Australia, where we watched the sunset, and what a clear and beautiful day we picked, it was incredible.
 The next day was rather entertaining, we were picked up by a complete hippie...Dreddys, no shoes, top hat, rainbow tattoo with 'be happy' written underneath. First stop was a waterfall, which will stick in my memories forever because it was the place where I saw my first turtles. I stood looking at the water and there they were, just cruising around like turtles do! The town we visited was something different! Very small and full of hippies! The best thing about this day was the big juicy burger that we had for lunch! filled with everything in true AUSSIE fashion, onions,  pineapple, cheese, you name it!
 The rest of our stay in byron was filled with mostly laying in the beautiful sunshine and making most of the beaches and crystal clear water! For that reason, for the next three days I shall talk solely about food. You wait, it's good! So we were trying to budget and we truly succeeded! The day before we had seen so many people at our hostel with gourmet dishes, for some reason this inspired us to make cheesy beans on toast as our next dinner (can't really go wrong with that, ey?!) So, after my delicious $2 sausage sandwich, we went to get some bargains! We came out with dinner for that night, the same for breakfast (to cure the hangover) the next morning! Then for the dinner, hmmm, we expected a free BBQ however that plan failed when the barbie broke...so we went on the hunt for another bargain, for some reason with sausages on the mind, and ended up buying THE most dodgy, cheap, processed, gross, sausages ever, I mean while eating them it felt like a bush tucker trial and how we felt after really did feel as though we'd just eaten kangaroo balls! However, to make up for it we did have the Excitement of noodles on Friday, for our valentines meal , simply because a noodle box was right by the bus station when we were waiting for the train! Good food line up right there (apart from the minor sausage hiccup)! Yes, in case you're wondering, food comes in the very top few priorities in my life, always on the mind!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Now to do what I do best, drink 4 bottles of Chablis and flash my freckly bangers" - The Windsor's

Music grounds you wherever you go.

Successful Navigation and Ribblehead Viaduct