My Australian experience: Cairns ( by myself)

  Today the clan left me, and headed reluctantly on their homeward journey! I was left a lovely apartment for three nights, so I could clean the smell of the jungle off everything (including myself) and relax before the backpacking began. Unbeknown to me how hard that would be. Made me think of home, missing everyone back there, and missing the clan. I saw my first Australian tramps, and was approached by a few! But it's all part of the adventure. The weather didn't help much either- RAIN, "welcome to the tropics" they all told me! Put it this way, I am just extremely eager for my friend to arrive, so that we can head onwards on our travels and find some sun!!!

  Wednesday: nice little start to the day, sun beginning to come out, me feeling chirpy, head to the train station to ask about our ticket...WE HAVE THE WRONG TICKET! Minor insignificant detail, I kept telling myself...whilst hyperventilating in a complete panic!! ...all sorted though by the following day (had to wait cause if time difference- bloody stupid time difference but all sorted) the sun came out, I had the most tasty Cappuccino and saw hundreds of beautifully coloured parrots- woohoo! Someone's on my side!!!

  I am also proud to say that I have become a local at the cafe in the mall, to the point that I get discount woohoo! 

   After a spot if shopping and enjoying the sun, I shall head back the the abode and eagerly await Harriet number 2! *short and sweet blog to pass time*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Now to do what I do best, drink 4 bottles of Chablis and flash my freckly bangers" - The Windsor's

Merry Fauxmas and a Happy New Year!

"My aspiration in life is to be happy"