My Australian Experience: customs.

  (Completely random post but dad keeps on about it, and it is rather funny!)
 So, having heard story after story of the strict Australian government, I knew I had to be extra cautious! Upon being handed the declaration form for the FIRST time I practically ticked yes for everything. If it had asked "do you have 5 heads and 6 toes" I would have probably ticked yes, I was being ridiculous. However, after a thought as to whether Paracetamol classed as a forbidden item ( we decided 'no'), dad requested another form! This time I was slightly more sensible with my answers, but I did take 'If in doubt click 'yes' to the extreme! In the queue for customs I kindly gave a lovely Australian officer a good laugh! "So you've ticked 'yes' for bringing plants herbs etc in, what is it madam?" Tea bags. "And what is the   Mud you are bringing in?" Trainers. "And you've been in the wilderness within the last 30 days?" I went on a walk through a wood on New Year's Day? "Ok it's only harmful or illegal things we need to know about" I'm the biggest muppet of all time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Now to do what I do best, drink 4 bottles of Chablis and flash my freckly bangers" - The Windsor's

Merry Fauxmas and a Happy New Year!

"My aspiration in life is to be happy"