My Australian experience : THE FLIGHT

  After a day of mostly crying (!! I know, what the heck, you ask?! I'm off to Australia...but I have a few special people who should have squished in my bag!), a posh Jag with my swag Dad and lovely driver pulled up to begin my adventure. The usual English weather that makes you so smug upon leaving the country and miserable upon your return-RAIN. We arrive at Heathrow, drag my 'lightly packed' but a 'b**** to carry' bag to check-in. And then, the palava of security- HAVE YOU ANY BOMBS, knives, swords?! - I mean seriously who do they think we are?! ...but anyway- after a few hours of chilling in the departure lounge, anticipating the flight of my life and we are off!! 
 So it's 10:05pm here, 8am there and Christ knows the time in Singapore, the half way point! All I knew was that I had a 12 hour (yes half a bloody day) long flight ahead of me. 

   With my owl (of course) neck pillow, I cannot keep my eyes open, and with a few food breaks here and there, a bit of comedy on the luxury screen and a reluctant look at the flight progress, I survived! 

   Just over half way, 8 hours to go, I leave Singapore, the final leg. "Right, H, let's sleep as much and easily as we did the last leg, kick jet lag in the butt" I say to myself- but noooo! Despite extra leg room, a grandma blanket and my owl, I could not get a peep- but I made it! Australia, let's have you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Now to do what I do best, drink 4 bottles of Chablis and flash my freckly bangers" - The Windsor's

Merry Fauxmas and a Happy New Year!

"My aspiration in life is to be happy"