My Australian Experience: Cairns (with a fwend)

Harriet (number 2) arrived !! And haven't the Australians/ everyone we've met found that so funny- hilarious! It's really not, but easy enough to introduce "we are the Harriet's". Makes us sound like a famous double act doesn't it? HAVENT YOU HEARD OF US! Anyway...train scenario still at a low, and not at all sorted (I know, I too thought it was), we decided to just forget about it for a while and get on with our day. After having THE most amazing ice cream that I reckon there is on the planet, a bit of wandering in the sun (YES SUN IN CAIRNS) we headed back to the backpackers, met some lovely people, one of which got us a taxi two blocks away (we are NOT lazy) to our free meal! Wehey! Bangers and mash, in true British style! And then for the pub crawl. Most of which was a bit of a blur, but success in that I had lots of picture memories, one pub was an Irish pub (always a good laugh), we found our way back to our room, and at the end of the night we had two passes down the east coast of Australia on my email, RESULT! So we FINALLY managed to book trains! Next stop, Townsville and Magnetic island! (Really hope I see a wild Koala) hip hip hooray!!!!! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Now to do what I do best, drink 4 bottles of Chablis and flash my freckly bangers" - The Windsor's

Merry Fauxmas and a Happy New Year!

"My aspiration in life is to be happy"